Write to you

I'll write to you

I wouldn't normally say, "Write it down." Divided by a common language: Write (to) someone to say that he got this commentary on a proposed bill I had prepared: "If you can please WRIT YOU, NOT I WRIT YOU... this is American and poor English.

" When there is a distinction between UK and US-German, this also applies to other verses, such as "send": the following samples from New Yorker show the trans-itive usage of the word "to talk with (a person) in writing".

It used to be a BrE reference ('frequent from 1790' says the OED), but it is now only used to a limited extent if it is not followed by a second (direct) item, as in I will write you a note as soon as I do so. As for the old-fashioned business letters, the guys we sent you last night, please write to us at your will. But today they would usually be added before you and us.

English from Britain or America? says: The use of writing (I texted them a letter) in Ditransitive[i.e. with two object--Lynneguist] is common-core English. However, some transitive verses can also be used with both of them: they can be used alone: Writing is one of these categories in US English: I' ve written a note. I' ve written them. However, in English, if writing has a unique item, it is usually the immediate DITRANSIVE item, and if the DITRANSIVEIELECT item appears instead, it is the item of a preposition:

I' ve written to them. In Great Britain, too, if the straightforward property functions are fulfilled through straightforward or implicit discussion, the same ban applies to the transitive implicit property: I' ve written to them,'I'll come on Sunday', not'I'll come on Sunday. It was me who told them I would come on Sunday, not?I told them I would come on Sunday.

I' ll write you a note is default am and default brE. I am typing to you to ask a query is nice in AA and used to be nice in BRE. send: So that' s all to say that there are some samples in this kind of verbs, but that not every verse follows them, so it's not strange that this is an area where dialectical difference can occur.

Mehr zum Thema